In case teachers can't install Microsoft Teams on Desktop, they can open it through a browser! This article is shown you basic settings on Microsoft Teams which you should know before starting teaching.
- Log in on LEB2
- Select a classroom on LEB2
- Click Live Now, Microsoft Teams window will pop up and click 'Continue on this browser'
- Microsoft Teams window appears on a browser, click Join now
- Go to 'Show participants' for options setting
- Click '...' and select 'Manage permissions'
- Set options below;
1) Who can bypass the lobby? Select:
Everyone is to allow everyone access to the meeting link gets into the meeting directly, no need to wait for specific approval. *recommended if you don't have external guest to join the meeting room*
People in my organization and trusted organizations is to allow people in the same organization and external participants from trusted organizations. However, some external people needs to wait for approval. *recommended if you have an external guest*
People in my organization is to allow people in the same organization to join the meeting directly.
People I invite is to allow anyone who receives the invitation can join the meeting directly.
Only me is to allow only you can get into your meeting.
2) Who can present? Select:
Everyone is to allow every attendee who accesses to the meeting link will join the meeting as a presenter.
People in my organization and guests is to allow attendees in the same organization and guest users can be presenters.
Specific people is to allow only a assigned attendee to be a presenter.
Only me is allow only a meeting organizer to be a presenter.
3) Allow meeting chat? Select:
Enable if you want a meeting chat accessible.
Disable if you want a meeting chat inaccessible.
In-meeting only if you want a meeting chat accessible only when the meeting is online.
Note: Organizer and presenter can remove other people out of the meeting. However, the person who is removed still can rejoin the meeting.
Recording a video for use Setting
Who can record a video on Microsoft Teams?
- Organizer, the first person who creates a live room
- A presenter who is given the rights by the organizer (see participants setting)
- Go to '...' (More action)
- Click Start recording
- If you want to stop recording the video, go to '...' (More action) and select Stop recording. The recorded video will be stored in the meeting chat
- If you want to share a recorded video, Click '...' and select Get link to share
Or click '...' on the video and select Open in OneDrive. You will asked to sign in to OneDrive, enter the university e-mail. After that, you will find the recorded video there. Click Share and select Anyone with the link then click Apply to allow everyone to access the video
Note: Organizer and a specific people who is given the rights by the organizer, are the person who can start/stop recording, download, and share the recorded video.
Having a trouble with using Microsoft Teams?
If you find any trouble with using Microsoft Teams or Zoom, please contact ICT Service directly. Click here: ICT Service Desk - MS Teams and Zoom (Open Microsoft Teams and sign in with firstname.lastname@example.org)